On my last VEDA vlog, I asked for suggestions for my next hair style. You all voted for pipe cleaner curls. Here the are. I love them! Thanks for the suggestion!
* This light-skinned moment was brought to you by Maybeline and some really strong flash…no for real.
- Friendship lunch with my sissies at Kublai Khan restaurant
- After-school #OOTD with Lenithia
- Signing the church floor before the rest of construction begins
- Baby Timi feeding Lady Timi.
- #OOTD for Good Friday. Thrifted shirt ($0.50…yessss, for real)
- Chick Fila run with the cutie pie sissies
Follow my Instagram at
March has been awesome! God has been really showing out this month! I’ve learned a lot and have been growing and putting things into perspective. Speaking of growing, my hair has been growing like a weed. Check out this post tracking my growth this month. Click here to view it.
I just wanted to share some pictures of my hair, since it’s been growing so much (at least by my standards)
I’ve never seen my hair grow this much! I have been able to do so much with them. I can’t believe I once thought I’d be restricted with my hair like this.
First, my outfit of the day (OOTD):
The front of my hair was a lopsided Marley braid-hair bun. The back was my hair in a sloppy french braid. Look, it’s growing!
Here’s the song I sang:
Thought I’d share a secret about myself:
I’m a big goof when it comes to lyrics and order of songs. I’m notorious for making my fingers cheat sheets for the music. Here’s my cheat for one of the songs I did today.
Think you can decode it? Give it a shot in the comment section below:
I took out my twists after a month of having them in. I bet y’all forgot all about my real hair, huh. I was feeling jazzy and decided to wear my red bowtie and blazer with my high-waisted red jeans.
In the one month that my hair was in twists, it grew a little fuller and longer. I used castor oil on my roots every once in a while. I think it helped. When I retwist later on, today, I’ll be able to tell just how much it grew. Check out the length– past my collarbone!! I’m excited. Glad to have my hair back!
I demonstrate how to make your own shea butter mixture. I had the privilege of being the host of the Natural Hair Conference and here I am doing a segment on “DIY Haircare From the Kitchen.” Enjoy this snippet.
Don’t you just love a fresh face! I’m so excited that my eyebrows finally grew in and I found a lovely concealer/mousse foundation/powder that doesn’t leave me looking shiny. The ever-present winged tip and red lips are my staples.
These are my main style agents
- ELF hi.def. powder
- Milani mousse foundation
- Avon FULL mascara
- L.A. Girl Pro.Conceal or NYX FULL coverage
- NK liquid eyeliner
- ELF Matte Rich Red Lipstick (not pictured)
At our house, we have a scrapbook resolution tradition that we do on New Years Eve. We make a poster of what we want for the upcoming year. I love this tradition. Here’s my poster. See if you can decipher some of my desires for 2013. I’ll tell you a few of them.
This year, I will be turning 24 and I know that God is going to show out in a mighty way. I have a few things that I desire to accomplish before the year is over. Note I didn’t mention resolutions. For some reason, my mind, body, and soul go out of their way to spite my resolutions so I’m going to call them desires instead.
1. Get into an Out-of-State Graduate program
2. Get more organized
3. Establish my style which I call “Professoriate”
– Professoriate style is quirky, eclectic, and includes tortoise-shell glasses, blazers, cardigans, and loafers.
4. Come to terms with my vertical disinclination (and stop pretending to be 5’5)
5. Get my smile & joy back
7. Learn to do more things with my hands (sew w/ a machine, build, design…)
8. Sky dive for my 24th birthday (I won’t be stopped this year!)
9. Be on stage more (The Voice?)
10. MS150?? (BIGGEST CHALLENGE)
On a side note, for the sake of my readers and instagram followers I hope I can find an alternative to those sophomoric mirror picture. I hope someone loves me enough to start taking them for me ;)