I was featured on College Fashionista last week. I got to know the photographer, Melissa Martinez (photographer who took Ashley’s street style pictures) and was impressed with how easy she was to work with.
I’ve been getting into prints and patterns lately. I decided to pair this chain-patterned top with my fluorescent coral ankle pants. The wind was picking up, so I decided to throw on my favorite professoriate blazer.
At our house, we have a scrapbook resolution tradition that we do on New Years Eve. We make a poster of what we want for the upcoming year. I love this tradition. Here’s my poster. See if you can decipher some of my desires for 2013. I’ll tell you a few of them.
This year, I will be turning 24 and I know that God is going to show out in a mighty way. I have a few things that I desire to accomplish before the year is over. Note I didn’t mention resolutions. For some reason, my mind, body, and soul go out of their way to spite my resolutions so I’m going to call them desires instead.
1. Get into an Out-of-State Graduate program
2. Get more organized
3. Establish my style which I call “Professoriate”
– Professoriate style is quirky, eclectic, and includes tortoise-shell glasses, blazers, cardigans, and loafers.
4. Come to terms with my vertical disinclination (and stop pretending to be 5’5)
5. Get my smile & joy back
6. Experiment more with my hair
7. Learn to do more things with my hands (sew w/ a machine, build, design…)
8. Sky dive for my 24th birthday (I won’t be stopped this year!)